Cross Country SkiingTo main NCCOC page ... to NCCOC trips by activity ... to current trip listing page ..
listing of some cross country skii areas within about 100 miles of NYC.
Be sure to check that they are still open and get current rates.
Note that all rely on natural snow and none have snow making on the
cross country trails.
For conditions and a list of all NY areas, try Snowcountry.com: http://www.snocountry.com/snowclient/srlist.php?state=NY&command=statecond&satype=XC
Fahnstock State Park, Putnam County; 15km; Park office: 845-225-7207;
winter park: 845-625-3998; Rental $15, trail fee, $6; http://www.roberts-1.com/fwp/
Valley Touring Center, Claryville, N.Y.; 35 km; Rentals Available
weekends/holidays only $15??; $7 trail fee, meals available in dining
hall; http://www.frostvalley.org/adults_seniors/skiing_hiking.htm; conditions at 845-985-2291, Ext. 396;
To speak with someone: call the Ski Center Office
at 845-985-2291, Ext. 240
Mountain House, Lake Mohonk, New Paltz, N.Y. (primarily for their
guests!); 50 km, rentals & warming hut ar gatehouse; trail fee:
- Mohonk Preserve ($10 trail fee; but NCCOC
has passes); Rentals in New Paltz at Rock & Snow on Main Street :
888-255-1311, $16/day; http://www.mohonkpreserve.org/
- Williams Lake Hotel, Rosendale, N.Y. is closed as of 2009; it is not known if the new (high-end) resort will have skiing.
- Mountain Trails, Tannersville, N.Y.; 35km (above Saugerties); 518-589-5361 Snack bar, $17 trail fee $17 rental; http://www.mtntrails.com
Undeveloped (no rentals, trails may not be groomed)
to top of page ... rev 1/9/09 Corrections, broken links, etc: Webmaster
Baird State Park, Dutchess County, N.Y.;
845-485-7358 for conditions
- Bear Mountain State Park, Rockland-Orange County; 845-786-2701
- Belleayre Mountain, Belleayre Mountain; http://www.belleayre.com; 800-942-6904; 845-254-5600
- Bowdoin County Park, Wappingers Falls, N.Y.; 845-297-1224
- Clermont State Historic Site, Clermont, N.Y.; 518-537-4240
- Croton Point Park, Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y. Trails and open area skiing with magnificent views of Hudson.; 914-242-PARK
- Harriman State Park, Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, Orange County; 845-942-2560
- Lake Taghkanic State Park, Hudson, N.Y.; 518-851-3631
- Mills/Norrie State Park, Hyde Park, N.Y.; 845-889-4646
- Minnewaska State Park, New Paltz, N.Y.; 845-255-0752
- Olana State Historic Park, Olana, N.Y.;518-828-0135
- Old Croton Trailway State Park, Croton-on-Hudson to New York City; 845-245-4434
- Orange County Ski Area, Montgomery, N.Y.; 845-457-3000
- Pines Ski Area, S. Fallsburg, N.Y.; 800-36-PINES 845-434-6000
- Rockefeller Preserve State Park, Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. A gentle terrain and Hudson River views.; 845-631-1470
- Rocking Horse Ranch, Highland Falls, N.Y.; 800-64-RANCH 845-691-2927
- Rockland Lake State Park, Rockland County; 845-786-268-3020
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, Yorktown Heights, N.Y.; 914-245-4434
- Sawkill Family Ski Center, Kingston, N.Y. 845-336-6977
- Stissing Mountain Multiple Use Area, Millbrook, N.Y; 845-677-8268
- Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center Wappingers Falls, N.Y.; 845-831-8780
- Taconic-Copake Area, Copake Falls, N.Y.; 518-828-0135
- Teatown Lake Reservation, Ossining, N.Y.; 914-762-2912.
- Villaggio Resort, Haines Falls, N.Y.; 800-843-4348 518-589-5000
- Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, South Salem, N.Y. Terrain varies from rolling farmland to wooded; 845-242-PARK.
- Winter Clove, Round Top, N.Y.; 518-622-3267